On this week’s episode of the Church Leadership Podcast, Mark and Andy take a few minutes to talk about something very important: Pastor Appreciation. October is typically “Pastor Appreciation Month” in most churches. How does your church do when it comes to showing your pastoral staff and leaders appreciation? Some churches do a wonderful job of showing love and generosity to their leaders, while others struggle with resources or practical ways to let their pastors know they care. You will hear the CLP guys discuss options for churches to encourage and bless their pastors, staff, and leaders. Mark and Andy also share some ways churches have shown them appreciation over the years. Right now may be the most critical time ever for churches to show their pastors they are appreciated. If you are a pastor or church leader who does not receive any recognition, encouragement, or gifts for Pastor Appreciation, reach out to us. We want to connect with you, encourage you, and even bless you and your family in a small way. Hey pastors and church leaders, we love and appreciate each of you! Here are a few ways churches can bless their pastor and leaders during Pastor Appreciation Month, or any other time during the year.…
- Let your pastor know that you are regularly praying for him.
- Say, “Thank you,” and be specific.
- Give your pastor a hand written note or card.
- Take your pastor out for a meal, pay for their family’s meal, or buy a gift card to their favorite restaurant.
- Provide your pastor and his wife a date night, with child care included.
- Give your pastor an unexpected day or night off.
- Purchase a small personalized and thoughtful gift or gift card.
- Listen, respond, and be obedient to God’s Word through the ministry of your pastor’s preaching.
- Follow your pastor’s leadership and vision.